Subject: 3c589d problems.
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Darren Reed <darrenr@reed.wattle.id.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/27/1999 22:28:39
Folks, I hope you're not too sick of reading email messages from me about
difficulties I've been experiencing.  (I'm hoping someone will help me fix
them :-)

For what ever reason, I can get NetBSD-1.4 to detect the PCMCIA controllers,
setup the pcic/pcmcia devices and attach ep0 to pcic0 at 0x1020 (this is
just to match what Win98 does and work), even to allocate IRQ 5 however it
hangs when setting the interrupt mask to

S_CARD_FAILURE|S_RX_COMPLETE|S_TX_COMPLETE|S_TX_AVAIL

I've tested the card without that, and the initialization doesn't hang.
Given this, I tested what it would allow me to set in the interrupt mask,
the answer to which is:

S_CARD_FAILURE|S_RX_COMPLETE|S_TX_COMPLETE

However, ifconfig the card up and try to ping, nothing.

Does anyone have any docs on how the 589D is meant to work ?

Darren