Subject: Re: Netscape Communicator 4.6
To: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?P=E5llen?= <pollen@pyrus.astrakan.hig.se>
From: Josh Hope <otaku@unixborg.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/27/1999 06:03:34
I must say that I too have downloaded it; it really does work! And quite
well! I have found no flaws whatsoever, and it is at least a 300%
improvement over the mozilla binary that comes in the packages...

You just have to get used to the backspace key acting as a del key...

Thanks a lot, P=E5llen, for pointing this out to all of us. :)

On the subject of the package distribution, I find that wine doesn't quite
run because it complains about not finding a libncurses.so library, yet I
have downloaded and installed ncurses. I suppose I have a different
version? I also suppose ELF might fix this in the future release?

Thanks...

On Thu, 27 May 1999, [ISO-8859-1] P=E5llen wrote:

> On Wed, 26 May 1999, Bill&Virginia Hodges wrote:
>=20
> > >From where did you download:
> > communicator-v46-export.x86-bsdi-bsd2.tar.gz?
>=20
> ok, i've got a couple of questions, here it is!
>=20
> http://ftp.sunet.se/pub/www/Netscape/communicator/4.6/english/unix/unsupp=
orted/bsdi21/complete_install/communicator-v46-export.x86-bsdi-bsd2.tar.gz
>=20
> ---
> /P=E5llen - http://www.astrakan.hig.se/~pollen
>           026-659337 Mumindalen BBS
>=20
>=20

--=20
Josh Hope
"We are UNIX of BORG, you will be assimilated."
 root               otaku        melkor
 root@unixborg.net  @SuperChat   @ChatNet
                            http://unixborg.net