Subject: 3c589d, netbsd1.4 and me.
To: Darren Reed <darrenr@reed.wattle.id.au>
From: Daniel Carosone <dan@geek.com.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/26/1999 18:59:09
Darren Reed writes:

 > So far I've narrowed down the cause of the hangs when the card is inserted
 > already to be the first "GO_WINDOW(1)" in epconfig().
 >
 > Any tips on hacks to try and make this work ?

options PCIC_ISA_ALLOC_IOBASE=0x400
options PCIC_ISA_ALLOC_IOSIZE=0x100

This should be a FAQ.

The problem is that the 589 is being configured at an address that
conflicts with your laptop's sound card.  The above entries prevent
this by moving the allowable region where pcmcia cards can be
configured.  These numbers work for me and many other people, but may
need to be adjusted to suit particular hardware.

(I've already told Darren about this online, but thought a post might
benefit others).

--
Dan.