Subject: Re: need to be able to download an entire month of mail lists
To: John Refling <johnr@spimageworks.com>
From: Thilo Manske <Thilo.Manske@HEH.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/25/1999 15:00:27
On Mon, May 24, 1999 at 11:50:01PM -0700, John Refling wrote:
> Being able to look at the mail archive one message at a time is
> better than nothing, but lacking any ability to search the content,
> we need to be able to download an entire MONTH's worth of
> messages.  There are SO many times I need to refer to previous
> answers, and just cannot find them!  I need to be able to grep
> thru the entire month's or year's worth of messages at once!
Browse ftp://<your local NetBSD mirror>/pub/NetBSD/mailing-lists/
The files are not monthly but you can mget and cat the files you want.
(Or get a whole archive by putting .tar.gz at the end of the directory
name, many ftp servers support this.)
You can even sup the complete mainling-lists archive!
--
Dies ist Thilos Unix Signature! Viel Spass damit.