Subject: Re: need to be able to download an entire month of mail lists
To: David W. Talmage <talmage@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
From: David Maxwell <david@fundy.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/25/1999 09:51:39
On Tue, May 25, 1999 at 08:22:27AM -0400, David W. Talmage wrote:
> >Being able to look at the mail archive one message at a time is
> >better than nothing, but lacking any ability to search the content,
> >we need to be able to download an entire MONTH's worth of
> >messages.  There are SO many times I need to refer to previous
>
> If you have AFS, you can grep all of the NetBSD mailing list archives.  I grep
> the mirror at /afs/iastate.edu/public/ftp/pub/NetBSD.

ftp.netbsd.org(or a mirror):/pub/NetBSD/mailing-lists/[listname]
contains 50Kish chunks of mailing lists. 50K ranges from part of
a day to several days.

grepmail (http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~dwc3q/code/index.html) works
very nicely on these I find.

--
David Maxwell, david@vex.net|david@maxwell.net --> Mastery of UNIX, like
mastery of language, offers real freedom. The price of freedom is always dear,