Subject: Re: Ensoniq AudioPCI sound card problem
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Ezra Story <ezy@panix.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/21/1999 19:48:16
On Thu, May 20, 1999 at 11:18:47AM -0400, Nathan J. Williams wrote:
> "Fujie Zhang" <fzhang@cs.nmsu.edu> writes:
>
> > Ensoniq AudioPCI 97 (audio multimedia, revision 0x02) at pci0 dev 10 =
> > function 0 not configured=0A=
>
> 	This is the problem. You have an AudioPCI 97, which is a
> somewhat different beast from the original AudioPCI (slightly
> different controller chip with a sample rate converter, AC97 codec)
> and isn't currently supported by our driver.
>
> 	It shouldn't be too hard for someone to add support for this
> device to the eap driver, but I don't know that anyone has done
> so. (It's on my Copious Free Time list as well, since I have one of
> these cards and tracked down the documentation).

I have a driver which works with a few buglets, but I was under
the impression that Charles was just about done with a better one,
so I never polished it for submission.  Nothing has appeared on
sup after the -current reversion yet, so I assume it's yet another
project he's got on the back burner.  If someone wants, I email
what I have to them.  If someone wants to commit it or it forces
Charles to commit his, then all the better.

BTW, I .am. slightly annoyed that his hasn't appeared yet, but to
be frank, it's not a great surprise.

Ezra