Subject: Re: Support for Brooktree 848/878 based tv/video grabber cards?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas Klausner <wiz@danbala.ifoer.tuwien.ac.at>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/20/1999 21:45:37
Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@ping.net.au> wrote:
> Thomas Klausner wrote
>> Since both FreeBSD and OpenBSD/i386 already have it -- how hard would
>> it be to support tv/video grabber cards with the Brooktree 848/878
>> chips?  (e.g. miroVideo PCTV, Matrix Vision MV-Delta, TerraTec TERRA
>> TV+, Hauppauge Win/TV pci)
> G'day,
> these cards are supported for quite some time...
> You need the following entry your kernel configuration file in order to
> build a kernel with support for the bktr0 device:
> # MiroPCTV Tuner Card
> bktr0   at pci? dev ? function ?

I tried this, and config failed because it didn't know about bktr. I'm
running NetBSD 1.4, but on a quick glance I didn't find any files for
bktr in the kernel source tree of 1.3.3 and current either.

Trying the FreeBSD files directly didn't work, either.

Could you please tell me which files I should use, or send me a patch?

Thanks,
 Thomas

--
Thomas Klausner - wiz@danbala.tuwien.ac.at
Someone who thinks logically is a nice contrast to the real world.