Subject: dial-out connection thru a modem setup.
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Fusie Zhang <fzhang@cs.nmsu.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/19/1999 11:57:09
i am having trouble set up dial-out thru a modem from a stand alone box at home.
i used to have i386 1.3.2 box. due to a recent crash on the coexistent Windoze
system, i reinstalled NetBSD 1.4. i use a Boca pnp isa BRIB400 card. it used to
be deteced by the 1.3.2 box as a Boca modem. now all i see from the dmesg output
is com0 at isapnp0 irq 4. should this cause any problem? i used Bob Nestor's
procedure for setting up a modem connection to an isp. but could not get it
working. if anybody can give me some pointers to where i can get more step by
step instructions on how to set up the dial out connection, it will help me a
lot. if anybody has a similar setup on his/her machine, could you please send me
your configuration files (mainly the chat script and the modem initialization
script)? i would like to ppp and chat. my isp server is NT based.

Fujie Zhang
2217 Hagarty Road #12, Las Cruces, NM 88001. (505)532-8307
131 Science Hall, NMSU, Las Cruces, NM 88003. 646-6229