Subject: big problem after upgrading to1.4
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Tobias Seiler <tobias.seiler@privat.kkf.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/16/1999 20:08:31
Hi there,

I've upgraded a machine (486DX133, ISA Bus only, 8 megs of RAM, 119MB
WesternDigital harddrive) to 1.4 because I've read that isdn4bsd wotn work
with 1.3.3.
Well, after the upgrade had finished I normally rebooted the machine and
tried to boot the system from the harddrive again.

But all I got was a message "Read err". The bootblock doesn't load (I don't
get the usual count down message).
Then nothing more happens. Even a Keyboard reset (ctrl-alt-del) does not
work.

Using the install floppy's bootblock works, typing 'space' at the right time
and then entering 'boot wd0a:netbsd' works too. The machine then starts
normaly.

Amy idea is mostly appreciated and welcome.

Bye for now, Tobias