Subject: Re: Install
To: None <dguynn@excite.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/15/1999 02:35:24
On May 14, dguynn@excite.com wrote
> Hello,
>
>        First, please reply to the email address, and the list. Second, I
> need to know how to install with my system. I have a cd burner, and I have a
> Windows NT partition.How should I install with these resources (main problem
> is the files)

Well, the easiest way to go is to burn a CD then:
Get the whole ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.4/i386 and
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.4/source tree,
and put them on your cd in /NetBSD-1.4 You may want to add a few
things from ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/1.4/i386 as well.
If your CD burner software knows about El-torino bootable CDs, you can
give it the boot.fs image from NetBSD-1.4/i386/installation as boot image.

But beware: the CD has to be in iso9660 with Rock Ridge extentions. Not all
windows software can produce Rock Ridge extentions, check that first.

Then you can boot from either CD or floppy and start install, you'll can
chose 'install from CD'.

PS: NTFS support has been added to -current, so installing from an NTFS
partition will be an options in future releases.