Subject: Re: Install
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: John F. Woods <jfw@jfwhome.funhouse.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/14/1999 20:59:44
>>       First, please reply to the email address, and the list. Second, I
>>need to know how to install with my system. I have a cd burner, and I have a
>>Windows NT partition.How should I install with these resources (main problem
>>is the files)
> Well, the easiest way to go is to burn a CD then:
> Get the whole ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.4/i386 and
> ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.4/source tree,
> and put them on your cd in /NetBSD-1.4 You may want to add a few
> things from ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/1.4/i386 as well.
> If your CD burner software knows about El-torino bootable CDs, you can
> give it the boot.fs image from NetBSD-1.4/i386/installation as boot image.

As it happens, I have just such a CD image sitting in my /var/tmp at this
very moment, and in about half an hour will have a CD.  If anyone has 153MB
of ftp space they just can't think of any other use for, I will be happy to
upload this on Monday (when I'm back at the T1).  Of course, it's not like
it's all that hard to construct if you've already got a NetBSD system running.