Subject: Re: NetBSD/Solaris NFS read/write problem
To: None <kent@goathill.org>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/14/1999 14:51:24
On Thu, May 13, 1999 at 03:55:42PM +0000, Kent Polk wrote:
> I've been running an NFS mount from a Solaris 5.7 host to a NetBSD
> 1.3K #2: Fri Mar 19 15:47:24 CST 1999 (beta release) NFS client
> for a few months now with no problems until last week.
>
> Reads and writes from the clinet to the NFS server began to take
> longer and longer, with typical 20k writes taking in excess of a
> minute to complete and reads often taking almost as long.  Rebooting
> either host didn't fix anything, however, the problem gradually
> got better as the sysadmin began to investigate (what's new?)
> [...]

Can you give more infos about your network ?
Do you use 10base2, 10baseT, 100baseTX, hub, switches ?
This problem could be the result of a mismatch between host and switch or
hub config: one end half-duplex, the other full-duplex. This situation can
arrise when both network elements don't negotiate properly.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>