Subject: Re: Toshiba Tecra 8000 & sound
To: Lennart Augustsson <lennart@augustsson.net>
From: Benjamin Lorenz <lorenz@inetmail.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/14/1999 00:21:49
Hi Lennart!

Thanks for your support until now!

> > I investigated further: I have a Yamaha OPL3-SAx chip, but somehow,
> > it is NOT detected by the isapnp code. The BIOS says, control address
> > is 538H, WSS I/O = 530H, SB Pro I/O = 220H, IRQ 10
>
> So this is what you should have in your config file:
> # ISA Plug-and-Play audio devices
> ym*     at isapnp?                      # Yamaha OPL3-SA3 audio
> audio*  at ym?
>
> (Sorry, no MIDI for OPL3-SA3 yet.)
> If that doesn't work, check if your BIOS has any PnP setting
> for the SA3.

Well, I can set the WSS I/O address from 530H to 540H, 550H, 560H,
SB Pro from 220H to 240H. Change the irq from 10 to 5,7,11...
Control frequency from 538H to some other values in the neighbourhood.

Nothing else. What seems to be strange is that isapnp loks for devices
in the range of approx. 200H to 400H, but my card is sitting somewhere
in 500H ?! Can I be sure that my card is a pnp card and not a "pure"
isa card?

--
Benjamin.Lorenz@gmx.de                                +49 {700,172} 6805100{0,}