Subject: Re: possible install problems in current sources?
To: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@netbsd.org>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/11/1999 14:59:45
On May 9, Chris G. Demetriou wrote
> Yah.  I reported problems with the way partition creation rounding
> with MB units back in PR #5751.  Recently, helping a friend install
> 1.4_BETA i ran into the same problem, or at least a problem that acted
> similarly.
>
> sounds like you've hit the same thing.

These problems should be gone with the changes I made to sysinst (unless you
change units while editing: entering partititons in sectors will not
round anything, but in megabytes it will round boundaries to cylinders.
You can create overlapping partitions this way).
1.4 boot floppy have them, but I don't think the 1.4_BETA had.