Subject: PR kern/6544
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/10/1999 16:08:36
Hi,
I "inherited" of this PR, but I don't know what to do with it.
The problem described here: in a laptop with 2 PIIX4 pciide controller on 2
different PCI busses, the second fails to attach, because they try to allocate
the same I/O port (they are both wired to compatibility mode, which leave no
choice for the I/O and IRQ).
Is it possible to allocate the same I/O port to 2 different devices if they
are not on the same bus, or does the i386 architecture prohibit this ?
I guess it's prohibited, but my knowledges about this are small :)