Subject: Re: USB problems in 1.4beta
To: Oleg Polyanski <luke@eed.miee.ru>
From: Matthias Drochner <drochner@zel459.zel.kfa-juelich.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/09/1999 15:55:11
luke@eed.miee.ru said:
> the problem was that kernel found two keyboard devices (wskbd0 on
> ukbd0 and wskbd1 on pckbd0) and always assigned wskbd1 (i.e. pckbd0)
> to wsdisplay0. unfortunately, I didn't find the way how to assign
> preffered keyboard to wsdisplay0.

That's not possible - the console devices are always glued
together.
The right way would be that ukbd somehow recognizes that it is
in emulation mode and that the device it emulates is the console
keyboard. Then it can safely allocate the ISA keyboard's
ressources and call itself console.
(Even better if the ukbd could play console from the beginning
of course.)

best regards
Matthias