Subject: Re: USB problems in 1.4beta
To: None <>
From: None <>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/08/1999 20:27:07

>> so, my question is: what it correct way to use USB keyboard and USB mouse
>> together with `USB keyboard and mouse legacy support' switched in bios to
>> on (this is necessary or i cannot use bootloader and pass options to
>> kernel etc etc)? any opinions are greately appreciated.

LA> First, the USB driver should disable legacy mode, but it currently
LA> doesn't.  So you have to do it in the BIOS.

	yes, I did it.

LA> Second, there is currently no code for using the USB keyboard as the
LA> console in the tree.  I have some patches, but I don't think they solve
LA> the problem in the right way so I haven't commited them.

	well, it works. i found solution (weird though - I guess): I
commented out in kernel config

#wskbd*	at pckbd? console ?

	and right now I type letters on keyboard plugged into USB connector.
the problem was that kernel found two keyboard devices (wskbd0 on ukbd0 and
wskbd1 on pckbd0) and always assigned wskbd1 (i.e. pckbd0) to wsdisplay0.
unfortunately, I didn't find the way how to assign preffered keyboard to
wsdisplay0.

LA> I guess, you'll have to wait a little longer before USB-only machines
LA> work right.

	could you advise any USB resources (mailing lists, for example)?