Subject: Re: USB problems in 1.4beta
To: Oleg Polyanski <luke@eed.miee.ru>
From: Lennart Augustsson <lennart@augustsson.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/08/1999 17:51:16
Oleg Polyanski wrote:

>         so, my question is: what it correct way to use USB keyboard and USB
> mouse together with `USB keyboard and mouse legacy support' switched in bios
> to on (this is necessary or i cannot use bootloader and pass options to
> kernel etc etc)? any opinions are greately appreciated.

First, the USB driver should disable legacy mode, but it currently doesn't.  So you
have to do it in the BIOS.

Second, there is currently no code for using the USB keyboard as the console in
the tree.  I have some patches, but I don't think they solve the problem in the
right way so I haven't commited them.

I guess, you'll have to wait a little longer before USB-only machines work right.

--

        -- Lennart