Subject: Re: Install Problem 1.4-beta
To: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/04/1999 17:54:37
Just tried the ones dated today (at 17:xx, presumably GMT), and they
worked just fine.  I was even able to use the included /usr/mdec/ stuff
to finally update one of my system's boot code and partition ID.

Boot disks built from this morning's sup fail, however, when trying to
read my hard disk's kernel's symbol table.  Looks like they think the
symbol table size is zero bytes long.

On 4 May 1999, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

> Try the disks in /pub/NetBSD/arch/i386/1.4-install on ftp.netbsd.org
>
> Let me know how they do.
>
> -eRiC- <eric@conan.dyndns.org> writes:
>
> > Hi everyone;
> >
> > When i boot with the first boot disk.[for the installation]. everything
> > goes well. and the second bootdisk goes well also until it comes with this
> > error message
> >
> > wd0: no disk label
> >
> > then it just hangs there... what can i do to solve this.? i am currently
> > running Linux.. i've tried many time to get this to work..
> >
> > thanks
> >

> > -
> >          [eric]
> > {use the force}
> > END

| Paul Goyette      | PGP DSS Key fingerprint:   | E-mail addresses:     |
| Network Engineer  |   BCD7 5301 9513 58A6 0DBC |  paul@whooppee.com    |
| and kernel hacker |   91EB ADB1 A280 3B79 9221 |  pgoyette@juniper.net |