Subject: Re: NetBSD_1.4Beta & Date
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Graham Jenkins <c714553@vus415.telstra.com.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/04/1999 23:55:38
> how can I change my date in 1.4 beta ? im off by atleast  5 hours .
> my bios reports the correct date and time ...  how can I set this up ?

You can try using 'ntpdate' at boot time (see appropriate line in
'/etc/rc.conf' if you have access to some NTP servers.  I'm not sure
how that will work for a 5 hour difference - I know it got upset when
I had a 5-day difference.

If 'ntpdate' won't correct it, there is another thing called 'msntp'
which probably will. You can get the source from:
  ftp://oozelum.csi.cam.ac.uk/bin/msntp-1.5.tar.gz

Let me know how it goes.

G.