Subject: Re: NetBSD-1.4 Beta - Screenblank
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org, taca@sky.yamashina.kyoto.jp>
From: Graham Jenkins <c714553@vus415.telstra.com.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/04/1999 07:29:01
> For example, apmd(8) is nearly i386 specific, but it's in
> src/usr.sbin tree.

Thanks for your suggestions, Tak. I am looking for screen-blanking without
starting X - because I have a number of these installations on Sun machines
which are set up as X-terminals, with users being able to select either
local display management or remote display management at login.  It works
fine with 'screenblank' on the Suns - and the users have 'xlockmore' or
a remote (CDE or OpenWindows) 'xlock' once they are logged in.

I am now setting up identical environments on some PC's. 'apmcd' looks
like it might be appropriate - but it gives the following message when
I try to start it.  So what else do I need to do?
  pmd: cannot open device file `/dev/apmctl': Device not configured

G.