Subject: Re: SMC8216C - 10BaseT Problem Still Unresolved
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Graham Jenkins <c714553@vus415.telstra.com.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/30/1999 17:22:11
> .. Can you please try my previous suggestion of using "aui" (or
> "10base5") to configure the card to UTP?  Then please tell me how reliable
> or unreliable it is.

Thanks for your suggestion, Jason. I have changed '/etc/ifconfig.we1'
on both my 1.3.3 and my 1.4_BETA machines so that it contains
only: media 10bas5/AUI  .. then rebooted both machines.

So far they have been up for an hour and a half without trauma.  I suspect
that the 1.4_BETA one may be OK - and if that suspicion is confirmed, I can
live with it, since 1.4.? is only a couple of weeks off.  Otherwise I may
have to try OpenBSD - does anyone have any experience in that regard ?

G.