Subject: Re: SMC8216C - 10BaseT Problem Still Unresolved
To: Graham Jenkins <c714553@vus415.telstra.com.au>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/29/1999 14:31:41
On Fri, 30 Apr 1999 07:16:55 +1000
 c714553@vus415.telstra.com.au (Graham Jenkins) wrote:

 > I still don't have an answer to the following. Does this mean I'll
 > have to put Linux on our workstations instead? Or perhaps OpenBSD?

I replied to your mail.  Perhaps it got lost; we have a flaky mail relay
at work.

Anyhow, I suggested you try setting the media to "aui".  On many of
the SMC/WD boards, there is no difference between UTP and AUI, as far
as software is concerned.

Yes, there is no autoselection in the driver, because it requires a
state machine to implement it, that no one has written yet.  If you'd like
to contribute this code, that would be fantastic.