Subject: Re: NetBSD-1.4_beta ---> PCMCIA bridge Cirrus Logic CL-GD6729 support
To: Tony Hernandez <Tony.Hernandez@intellon.com>
From: Dan Winship <danw@MIT.EDU>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/29/1999 16:24:06
> I just booted with the boot floppies for 1.4 beta and my PCMCIA birdge is
> still unconfigured . Will I have to build a custom kernel for this ?

It looks like the INSTALL kernel only has support for the isa pcmcia
bridge. (The GENERIC kernel supports the pci one as well). I just
submitted a PR, so it should hopefully get fixed for a later snapshot.

If you want to build your own kernel, you just need to add the "pcic0
at pci?" line from GENERIC to INSTALL. (There's documentation on
www.netbsd.org about how to build a kernel if you don't know how. And
then the source for the install floppies is in
src/distrib/i386/floppies.)

-- Dan