Subject: Re: pcmcia support ?
To: (Nathan J. Williams) <nathanw@MIT.EDU>
From: None <dbsaint@bellsouth.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/29/1999 20:04:31
here it is :

pci0 at mainbus 0: configuration mode 1
pchb0 at pci0 dev 0 function 0
pchb0: Intel 82437MX Mobile System Controller (MTSC) (rev. 0x02)
Cirrus Logic CL-GD6729 (PCMCIA bridge, revision 0xfe) at pci0 dev 19 function 0
not configured
isa0 at pcib0

etc ...

Thas all I could find that was relevant .. I,m not sure if this PCMCIA 'bridge'
is supported by 1.3.2 .. I cant find any docs on these types of things either .

Thanks !

On 28-Apr-99 Nathan J. Williams wrote:
> Tony Hernandez <Tony.Hernandez@intellon.com> writes:
>

>> I have a Micron Millenia laptop .. NetBSD 1.3.2 installed quite well onit ..
>> and everyhting pretty much works ... I inserted a PCMCIA modem card  and
>> booted it up ... but all I saw was com0 <which my external mouse is
>> connected to> Is there a way to get NetBSD to detect the card at all ? like
>> cardmgr ? also what is the device name for a ps/2 mouse in NetBSD ?
>
>       Does the system show any sign of detecting the PCNCIA
> subsystem? Look for 'pcic' and 'pcmcia' in the boot messages.. if you
> could post the boot messages (avaliable by running 'dmesg' after
> boot), that would help. The card should be found automatically, but
> apparantly something is wrong here...
>
>       The device name for a PS/2 mouse in 1.3.2 is /dev/pms0.
>
>       - Nathan

 Tony Hernandez ::: Intellon Corporation
             MCP   A+
        Workstation Administrator