Subject: Re: pcmcia support ?
To: Tony Hernandez <Tony.Hernandez@intellon.com>
From: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@MIT.EDU>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/28/1999 17:38:31
Tony Hernandez <Tony.Hernandez@intellon.com> writes:

> I have a Micron Millenia laptop .. NetBSD 1.3.2 installed quite well onit ..
> and everyhting pretty much works ... I inserted a PCMCIA modem card  and
> booted it up ... but all I saw was com0 <which my external mouse is
> connected to> Is there a way to get NetBSD to detect the card at all ? like
> cardmgr ? also what is the device name for a ps/2 mouse in NetBSD ?

	Does the system show any sign of detecting the PCNCIA
subsystem? Look for 'pcic' and 'pcmcia' in the boot messages.. if you
could post the boot messages (avaliable by running 'dmesg' after
boot), that would help. The card should be found automatically, but
apparantly something is wrong here...

	The device name for a PS/2 mouse in 1.3.2 is /dev/pms0.

	- Nathan