Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.4 Beta lock up
To: Dr. Lex Wennmacher <wennmach@geo.Uni-Koeln.DE>
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?P=E5llen?= <pollen@astrakan.hig.se>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/28/1999 15:36:55
On Wed, 28 Apr 1999, Dr. Lex Wennmacher wrote:

> I had lockups too - with NetBSD-1.3.3/i386. IMO the culprit is the X serv=
er
> (XF86_SVGA notably, C&T65540 rev. 2).  It seems that heavy scrolling in a=
> xterm locks the machine. This happened both on XFree86 Version 3.3.3 and =
on
> 3.3.3.1.

I haven't had a single lokup with NetBSD 1.3.3... And the lock can occur
whenever... Open a window, then it locks. Scrolling seems to be ok, I'll
try this thing right now.

> Could you simply run a few
> % ls -lagoR /
> in an xterm and see if that provokes the lockup.

I'm running it in three different xterms at the same time right now.

Just waiting for them to finish... *sigh* it takes time... oh... very much
pkgsrc there... well, scrolling and text output seems to be no problem.
No, I'm not running as root either... hmm..

WMaker 0.51? Worked ok before upgrade anyway.

15 minutes of scrolling, I give up now. That can't possibly be the problem
for me.

---
/P=E5llen - http://www.astrakan.hig.se/~pollen
          026-659337 Mumindalen BBS