Subject: 1.4_BETA sysinst troubles
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Joel Reicher <joel@panacea.null.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/28/1999 23:04:51
Just did an upgrade from alpha to beta. Most things were fine up until the
point I had to configure the network, which failed with no warning or error.
I didn't find out it wasn't configured until I tried to ftp the sets
across. The device is

ix0 at isa0 port 0x300-0x30f iomem 0xd0000-0xd7fff irq 10 address 00:aa:00:53:6c:bc, type EtherExpress/16

and I had no problems ifconfiging it by hand.

The only other trouble was when I tried to continue the install, I found that
the fail hadn't cleaned up completely and for some reason it was stuck
fscking my /usr partition _twice_ and then failing to mount it.

Rebooting and starting all over again worked though.

	- Joel