Subject: Re: login: Permission denied
To: Josh Hope <otaku@unixborg.net>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@Update.UU.SE>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/26/1999 18:27:50
On Sat, 24 Apr 1999, Josh Hope wrote:

> >Have you tried this, yet:
> >
> >  mv /home /oldhome
> >  cp -Rp /oldhome /home
> >
> >It shouldn't do anything, but hey... it can't hurt, right?
> >
> >--Ben
>
> Nope, no go. Even re-creating the /home directory from scratch still
> results in the error. This has gone a bit too far...*WHAT* in the world
> could be causing this?!
>
> It's becoming frustrating :) Out of all the great minds out there,
> there's gotta be an answer *somewhere*.

I have no idea what your problem is, but rest assured that it most likely
is something very stupid that noone thinks about. It usually is in hard
cases like this. :-)

I guess it is twice as hard for all other people out here since we don't
have access to the machine and only can guess in the void.

	Johnny