Subject: Re: Type of 100baseT PCMCIA to buy for laptop.
To: Alicia da Conceicao <alicia@cyberstation.ca>
From: Soren S. Jorvang <soren@t.dk>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/23/1999 11:10:34
On Fri, Apr 23, 1999 at 07:00:26AM +0000, Alicia da Conceicao wrote:
> Help 100baseT PCMCIA ethernet cards urgently needed for NetBSD's laptops:
>
> I need to buy 100baseT PCMCIA ethernet cards for my NetBSD laptops ASAP.
> Since NetBSD does not support CardBus PCMCIA cards are there any others I
> can use?  There was mention of someone on this list who managed to get a
> 100baseT PCMCIA to work with NetBSD using the NE2000 drivers.  Is this
> true?  If anyone know of any 100baseT PCMCIA ethernet cards that work
> with NetBSD i386, I would be most grateful to know the make, manufacturer,
> and suppliers, so that that I can buy them right away.

To my knowledge, no 100baseTX PCMCIA card drivers are currently in the
tree.

However, going by ftp://nandra.iri.co.jp/pub/NetBSD/CardBus/ , the 3Com
3Com 3C575TX is likely to be the first supported once CardBus code is
integrated (ordinary PCMCIA is too slow to make real use of fast ethernet).

--
Soren