Subject: Re: Boot Floppy Hangs
To: None <james3838@tsi-net.com>
From: Kons Martin Johansson <Martin.B.Johansson@emw.ericsson.se>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/21/1999 09:53:34
I also had problems with the boot floppy, it hung at 'root file system type: ffs'. My setup is similiar to yours: 486SX 33, 260 MB HD, 4MB Ram, NetBSD 1.3.3 boot.fs.
After some experimenting I came to the conclusion that 4 MB of memory was the problem. The Boot Floppy booted fine when I put an extra 8 MB of memory in the machine. Apparently, 4 MB is not enough to hold the initial ramdisk.

/Martin Johansson