Subject: Re: login: Permission denied
To: None <Thilo.Manske@HEH.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>
From: Josh Hope <otaku@unixborg.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/17/1999 15:47:14
>> login fine as root; however, the users I add can *not* login. I've
>> checked directory permissions (over and over and over and over) of
>> course, but they're all *correct* in every way.
>Have you checked the directory *owners* as well?
>I suppose UIDs have shifted: User's don't have the same UIDs now than they
>used to have.

But of course I've checked that. There's only one user I've added, and
that's the normal user account I use (and it's always uid 1000). The
ownership shows "otaku:wheel" for my dir...(which is as it should be)

I also added a test account, and chown'd a home dir for that test acct,
which is how I know it isn't just my directory screwing up.

For some reason I just can't login all of a sudden as anything but root..

>Bye,
>  Thilo.
>--
>Dies ist Thilos Unix Signature! Viel Spass damit.

-- Josh Hope