Subject: Re: 1.4_ALPHA install issue
To: Markus Illenseer <markus@core.de>
From: Matthias Drochner <drochner@zel459.zel.kfa-juelich.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/17/1999 12:39:25
markus@core.de said:
> aria0 at isa0 port 0x290-0x297 irq 10panic: intr_etablish: irq 10
> can't share level-triggered with edge-triggered stopped in at
> _Debugger 0x4: leaver

>  Does that help?

I missed the beginning of this thread, so forgive if I repeat
something already said.

This panic typically happens if an interrupt was assigned
to a PCI device by the BIOS and then later an ISA device
is attached which claims the same IRQ.
So there are 2 posibilities:
a) You have indeed an "aria" sound board at IRQ10. Then the
   BIOS should be told that this interrupt is not free for
   PCI/PnP use - there is a setup page for this stuff.
b) You don't have an "aria"; the "aria" driver probe gives a false
   positive. This would be a driver bug, and if this cannot
   be fixed the driver should be disabled in GENERIC.

best regards
Matthias