Subject: Re: 1.4_ALPHA install issue
To: Markus Illenseer <markus@core.de>
From: Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/17/1999 12:30:28
On Sat, Apr 17, 1999 at 11:39:05AM +0200, Markus Illenseer wrote:
> aria0 at isa0 port 0x290-0x297 irq 10panic: intr_etablish: irq 10 can't share
> level-triggered with edge-triggered
> stopped in at _Debugger 0x4: leaver

I see this problem with another device on one of my machines as well. In fact,
the INSTALL kernel fails to boot on it because of this (always worked before).
I have not had time to look into it, but it's a critical bug as far as I
am concerned, so it will be fixed.

It seems to me that isa_intr_establish should just fail (and the device
thus fail to attach) in this case. The problem here is that the aria
device probes, and GENERIC has it at irq 10. But in your machine, something
else is already at irq 10.

- Frank