Subject: Re: USR-modem-card supported?
To: NetBSD i386 port <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Bjoern Labitzke <hermit@labitzke.isdn.cs.tu-berlin.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/16/1999 01:01:25
Hello...

On Wed, 7 Apr 1999, Bjoern Labitzke wrote:

| I just convinced a friend to give NetBSD a try. He managed to install
| 1.3.3 but encounters some problems right now. They seem to be about
| unrecognized cards, especially his US Robotics modem card. From my own
| [...]

It seems I lost him again due to the fact that I would be the only one he
knows who runs NetBSD and I donīt have the time to give him extensive help
at the moment. So the problem with the card let him choose Linux. Well,
Iīll see if I can convince him later to switch, when I have the time and
1.4 is out.

Thanks for the hints. I donīt know if a new kernel would have worked (I
guess so), because he wasnīt interested anymore.

Bye, Bjoern

--
Bjoern Labitzke  <hermit@cs.tu-berlin.de>
   Use PGP! (Don't you use envelopes for your letters?)