Subject: -current PCMCIA - mostly happy, but not always
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/12/1999 17:53:34
In particular, I've got two laptops (I'm about to give one to my mom if
I can get the !@#*! to work).  The Thinkpad is working great.  In the Solo,
it finds my PCMCIA ethernet (a linksys NE2000 clone), and assigns it a
plausible and otherwise unused IRQ - but then all attempts to use it get
"ne0: device timeout".  Any ideas?

So far as I can tell, the two cards are identical.  The link light comes
on on both the card and the hub in both cases, and in both cases, the
activity light blinks occasionally, in sync with unrelated network activity.
Which is what I expect.  But, on the Thinkpad, it works, and on the Solo,
I always get "device timeout".

I used to have this problem with the thinkpad on warm boots, but it never
happens on cold boots.

Any suggestions?

(This is 1.3K or later)

-s