Subject: Re: 1.4_ALPHA trouble on AMD386 without FPU
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Bernd Sieker <bsieker@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/12/1999 01:04:04
On 10.04.99, 21:35:17, Matthew Orgass wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Apr 1999, Bernd Sieker wrote:

>   There are actually two PRs open on this at the moment :/.   #6986 is
> the interesting one.  The panic is probably not from the FPU emulation

Yes, that seems right, I get the problem on the 486, too. I managed
to fsck the partition with an old 1.3 boot floppy, so it's
not urgent for me.

> problem, though.  I put 1.4_ALPHA boot floppies that work in:
> http://doit.pgh.net/~darkstar/boot1.fs and
> http://doit.pgh.net/~darkstar/boot2.fs
>
>   Also Dave Huang's hacked gas used to make them in:
> http://doit.pgh.net/~darkstar/as.gz
>
>   For diffs see PR#6986.  Let me know if you need a full snapshot (I only
> have a modem connection, so I won't put that up unless you need it :) ).

I don't think I need it, thanks for the offer and the answers.

I'll probably wait for the next "official" (BETA?) snapshot.

My 1.4 computer is in repair anyway at the moment, German
"Verbraucherschutz" laws are not very consumer friendly,
you must give the dealer a chance to fix a product three
times before you can demand replacement or money back.