Subject: Re: 1.4_ALPHA trouble on AMD386 without FPU
To: Bernd Sieker <bsieker@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
From: Matthew Orgass <darkstar@pgh.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/10/1999 21:35:17
On Sun, 11 Apr 1999, Bernd Sieker wrote:

> Is there a known problem with the FPU emulation or should I send-pr
> this? The hardware and memory seem to be ok otherwise and the above
> results are fully reproducable on my machine.

  There are actually two PRs open on this at the moment :/.   #6986 is
the interesting one.  The panic is probably not from the FPU emulation
problem, though.  I put 1.4_ALPHA boot floppies that work in:
http://doit.pgh.net/~darkstar/boot1.fs and
http://doit.pgh.net/~darkstar/boot2.fs

  Also Dave Huang's hacked gas used to make them in:
http://doit.pgh.net/~darkstar/as.gz

  For diffs see PR#6986.  Let me know if you need a full snapshot (I only
have a modem connection, so I won't put that up unless you need it :) ).

Matthew Orgass
darkstar@pgh.net