Subject: Re: -current ?
To: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@prez.org>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/08/1999 11:30:51
"Michael G. Schabert" <mikeride@prez.org> writes:
> Well, we installed a -current base & kern, & now the system tells us that
> ttyv isn't configured (just before we get a prompt)

You didn't upgrade /etc, did you. You ttys file is old. Before you
were using pcvt and now you are using wscons, and wscons doesn't
support the ttyv devices. Upgrade *that*. There are likely other
config files you didn't get new versions of, either. Half upgrading a
machine is a bad idea. :(

> Well, I had him boot off the 1.3.2 boot floppy he has, & mount the wd0a at
> /mnt...cd into /mnt/dev, & try a ./MAKEDEV ttyv0.

Bad to use an old MAKEDEV on a new system, btw, although in this
instance it would cause no additional harm.

Perry