Subject: Re: USR-modem-card supported?
To: None <hermit@cs.tu-berlin.de>
From: D'Arcy" "J.M. <darcy@druid.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/08/1999 01:25:37
Thus spake Bjoern Labitzke
> I just convinced a friend to give NetBSD a try. He managed to install
> 1.3.3 but encounters some problems right now. They seem to be about
> unrecognized cards, especially his US Robotics modem card. From my own

What is the part number?  I know of two:
    1.024.1694-00
    1.024.1694-02

The latter doesn't work as it requires windows software to set it up.
It's not a Winmodem - that's a different problem.  It's just that it
can't be set up without the Windows setup software that they supply.
I assume that that can be fixed if we had details from 3Com.

The other (it's the voice version) has jumpers so you can set the irq
and addresses manually.