Subject: PCI interrupt line register value unknown due to chip bug; looking for
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Zubin Dittia <zubin@growthnetworks.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/02/1999 13:01:18
I am doing the NetBSD driver for a NIC chip fresh from fab, and
discovered that it has a bug in the PCI config space.  Specifically,
the value written to the "Interrupt Line" PCI configuration register
by the BIOS is bit-bucketed by the chip.  Thus, the driver doesn't
know how to map the interrupt for the device.  I am looking for
suggestions on temporary fixes to this problem (hacks are acceptable).
Is there any way I can determine the interrupt line (perhaps automatically)
without knowing the value in the corresponding PCI config space register?

Thanks,
-Zubin.