Subject: Questions about apmd in 1.3K
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@cats.ucsc.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/02/1999 15:39:59
	Hello folks.  I'm running NetBSD/1.3K/i386 kernel sources of 4-1-1999
and user sources of 3-15-1999 (the snapshot) on my Dell Inspiron laptop
computer.  I'm trying to get suspend and resume working. I wrote a
/etc/apm/suspend script to perform shutdown and resume functions, but I
can't seem to get them to work.  It looks like they're being accessed, but
my debugging logging isn't going into the log.  Also, when I shut the lid
of the computer, I get two long beeps, indicating, I think that the suspend
request is being handled by apmd per the note in the documentation, but
that the CPU is running at a slow rate, causing the beeps to last longer
than they do when I type zzz with the lid open.  However, when I raise the
lid after suspension, the machine beeps twice again and goes back to sleep.
When I press the power button to wake it up again, it wakes up, but it
doesn't beep once per the notes in the documentation.  Also, although the
access times on my /etc/apm/resume script are updated, the ethernet card
isn't properly restarted, although I can type the same commands on the
console that are in the script without rebooting to revive the ethernet
card.
	Any ideas on how I can debug the scripts and why suspending the
machine with lid closure and resuming with lid opening requires an
additional resume with the power button?
-Brian