Subject: Re: AMD SCSI driver? Another soul lost in Deskpro XL limbo...
To: Ken Harrenstien <klh@us.oracle.com>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/29/1999 18:32:21
Ken Harrenstien writes:

> My apologies for hacking off anyone -- someone else claimed (where, I
> can't remember offhand) that the 5380 was the generic equivalent, and I
> didn't see anything specifically about AMD chips, so thought that was
> the thing to ask about.  A few days later I know better...  oh well.

Actually doesn't this part have some 8bit backward compatibility mode?
I vaguely recall something like this from reading the datasheets.  My
brother has a Deskpro XL, but the pcscp driver didn't exactly work
last time he tested it.  It looks like the driver was changed in January,
so it may work better now.  I'd suggest trying one of the 1.4alpha
snapshot boot floppies, and see what happens.

-Andrew
Andrew Gillham                            | This space left blank
gillham@whirlpool.com                     | inadvertently.