Subject: Re: Compex ENET 16U
To: Martin Husemann <martin@rumolt.teuto.de>
From: Giles Lean <giles@nemeton.com.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/28/1999 07:48:28
On Sat, 27 Mar 1999 11:23:15 +0100 (MET)  Martin Husemann wrote:

> Has anyone successfully used a Compex ENET 16U ethernet adaptor in 16 bit
> mode?

Yes ... a long time ago.  Definitely before the driver re-arrangment
into 'we'.  Even then I had trouble getting them to show up in 16 bit
mode when operating as WD (SMC) clones; they did seem to probe as a 16
bit card in NE 2000 mode though fairly regularly.

I got them free and only used them occasionally; I wasn't concerned
about speed.  Any ethernet speed beats floppy disks. :-)

Regards,

Giles