Subject: Re: ahc lossage
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Christoph Badura <bad@ora.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/26/1999 17:37:48
cshapiro@cs.sunysb.edu (Carl Shapiro) writes:

>I have a DEC made Pentium II (a "DEC Server 1000") with an onboard
>AIC7880 that has been acting up lately.  Every so often the following
>mesage would pop up on the console:

>ahc1: target 1 synchronous at 10.0MHz, offset = 0x8

>I assumed that this was being caused by a flakey drive, so I swapped
>that unit out (an old Seagate "Hawk") for a brand new drive made by
>IBM (DDRS-34560D), now at ID 12.  Unfortunately, the new hardware
>solved nothing.

Maybe it is a cabling/termination problem on the "wide" part of the SCSI
bus.

The 7880 in my -current machine works fine.  But then, it doesn't get a
really high load.

--
Christoph Badura					www.netbsd.org

	Anything that can be done in O(N) can be done in O(N^2).
	-- Ralf Schuettau (after looking at a particular piece of code)