Subject: Re: NetBSD v/s aic7890
To: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
From: Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/23/1999 17:24:31

> If you need Ultra2 support, I *think* there's a Qlogic part that does it;
> I have no experience with it myself.

That's the 1080 (and 1280). I *just* finished integrating support for
that. I will check that in in the next day or so, so it will be in 1.4.

> Actualy, if anyone can recommend a good Ultra2 LVD controller that'll work
> with one of the drivers in our tree I'd love to know.

Let me put in a plug for Fibre Channel (Qlogic 2100 supports this for
NetBSD) here. The drives are really no more expensive than parallel SCSI
drives. The cost is in getting an appropriate box to house the drives in-
that can be a bit pricey.