Subject: [NetBSD/i386] vm_fault
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?P=E5llen?= <pollen@pyrus.astrakan.hig.se>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/23/1999 09:45:34
I get vm_fault all the time. No problem with cpu (AMD K6-2-350) or memory
I think, because it can crack rc5 without any problems. But when running
Netscape, compiling programs or anything that uses  lot of memory I get
the vm_fault after a while. And in X all of you know the result.... Lock
up. Or?

Someone suggested to try a new IDE-cable, so I did, same thing.

All brand new stuff...

And one thing more, how do I make NetBSD see more than 8 gig of a drive?
(Yes, in boot up it shows a s 9761MB, but not when partitioning)

I don't want to swithOS, I like NetBSD but in this state it's useless.

(I've benn running NetBSD/amiga before)

Thanks for all help I can get!

---
/P=E5llen - http://www.astrakan.hig.se/~pollen