Subject: Re: RealAudio G2 server? Success!
To: Andreas Wrede <andreas@planix.com>
From: Laine Stump <lainestump@earthlink.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/20/1999 19:13:19
At 10:13 AM 3/20/99 -0500, Andreas Wrede wrote:
>On my box, the content of the file adm_b_db/users/andreas is one line:
>password;*;1
>Where password is the real password of course.
>
>BTW, I am using Netscape/linux2.0 ver 4.51, ver 4.5 had problems
>displaying the java generated output of the realadmin app correctly.

I added the user file as described, and now I can configure the server!
(and of course it was already able to serve up content)

For those keeping score, here's what I did to get RealServer G2 for FreeBSD
2.2.7 running properly on my NetBSD-i386 1.3.3 box:

1) install emulators/freebsd_lib from the ports collection
2) get and install the frebsd-2.2.7 version of RealServer G2
3) wait for the evaluation license to show up in email
4) make the file received in (2) executable and run it (it's self extracting)
5) follow the prompts
6) when it's done, create the user file given below (which for some reason
isn't created by the install, at least not on my machine).
7) Make sure you have Netscape 4.51, and connect to the admin URL you were
given during the installation.

hrefs to content should look like "http://<your-server>:8080/ramgen/<filename>

Thanks for the info, Andreas! (and to everyone who's ever done any work on
the FreeBSD emulation)