Subject: Re: RealAudio G2 server?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Andreas Wrede <andreas@planix.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/19/1999 20:24:15
On Fri, 19 Mar 1999, Laine Stump wrote:

> Has anyone been successful at running the RealAudio G2 server FreeBSD
> version on NetBSD?

I have.

> I downloaded the dynamically linked version for FreeBSD 2.2.7 and, after
> installing the freebsd_lib package, successfully ran the installation.
> During the installation it asked me for a username and password I wanted
> for the administrator, but when I later attempted to connect to the
> administrator (it's a bunch of Java and html with a binary executable
> running on a randomly chosen port as the frontend) it doesn't recognize my
> username/password.
>
> If there's some trick to this, I'd love to hear about it.

I have no problems running the server, or with the html/java admin
interface. The www-login into the admin functions works fine but in the
back of my head I seem to remember some problems with file or directory
permissions. Check them for <g2root>/adm_b_db/users/<userid>. Also, I am
not using the freebsd_lib package, I had the emulation setup before a
package existed for it, but that should not matter if the G2 server itself
runs.

--
Andreas Wrede              Planix, Inc.
andreas@planix.com         Networking, System Administration, Consulting