Subject: Re: Building a gateway
To: Eric Delcamp <e.delcamp@wanadoo.fr>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@most.weird.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/18/1999 03:14:18
[ On Wednesday, March 17, 1999 at 10:40:06 (+0100), Eric Delcamp wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: Building a gateway
>
> In the previous message, I have included a 'ps ax' list, you should look to
> see if a daemon (or something else) is missing or not running.

no daemons necessary, all the ipnat and ipf stuff happens in the
kernel....  (unless of course you did have a proxy server and "rdr"
rule)

I'm at a loss as to why your packets aren't getting thorough.  Some hint
in the back of my head suggests that the problem should be fairly
obvious, but whatever it is I can't seem to bring it into view just now.

I presume you're seeing only the normal kernel messages from IP-Filter,
which should be just:

	IP Filter: not initialized
	IP Filter: initialized.  Default = pass all, Logging = enabled

--
							Greg A. Woods